Man wanted for armed robbery in N Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding the suspect wanted for the armed robbery of a man in North Philadelphia.
Police say it was 5:30 p.m. on December 15, 2012 when the 18-year-old victim exited the Rite Aid located at 3224 North Broad Street. While walking on the 3100 block of North 12th Street, the suspect approached the victim from behind and grabbed his cell phone.
The victim gave chase, but after a short pursuit the suspect pulled a gun, turned and pointed the weapon at the victim, threatening to shoot.
The suspect then fled with the phone.
The suspect is described as a black male, 25-30 years-of-age, 5'6", thin build, dark complexion, mustache and beard, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black jacket, blue knit cap, black pants, black back pack and ACG Nike boots.
If you have any information pertaining to the identity or whereabouts of the suspect, you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip by telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
north philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 46 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 25 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 25 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 40 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases