Name released of man killed on Lehigh Co highway
UPPER MACUNGIE TWP., Pa. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have released the identity of the man who was killed while attempting to do a good deed on a Lehigh County highway.
Pennsylvania State Police have identified the victim as 60-year-old Richard Helms of Cincinnati, Ohio.
It was around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday when Helms pulled over to check on a disabled vehicle on I-78 in at mile marker 53.7 in Upper Macungie Township.
As he walked toward that car, he was hit by another car that lost control as it was coming down the road.
Helms later died at Lehigh Valley Cedar Crest Hospital.
Police are asking anyone who might have seen this accident to call them.
lehigh county, pennsylvania, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 1 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 56 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos