Plane stuck in snow on tarmac in Pitt causes delay
PITTSBURGH - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a flight that landed safely in Pittsburgh during the storm last night got stuck in snow for about two hours on the tarmac.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the American Airlines flight arrived between 8 and 9 p.m., but then ran over a snow patch and got stuck.
Airport spokeswoman Joan Jenny says workers tried for nearly two hours to tow the plane to the gate before deciding to bus passengers to the terminal.
No injuries are being reported.
pittsburgh, pennsylvania, snow, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 24 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 23 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 13 min ago
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
24 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking,...
13 min ago