Elderly man hospitalized after Bristol Borough fire
BRISTOL BOROUGH, Pa. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bucks County firefighters battled in Bristol Borough early Thursday morning.
The flames were first reported just before 2:00 a.m. at a home on the 600 block of Pond Street.
Authorities say the fire started in the basement and spread throughout the home and to a neighboring house.
An elderly resident suffered smoke inhalation and is now at Temple University Hospital for treatment. No other injuries were reported.
The flames were brought under control around 3:00 a.m., but not before the home sustained heavy damage.
There is no word on what may have set the blaze.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 14 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower