Elderly man hospitalized after Bristol Borough fire
BRISTOL BOROUGH, Pa. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bucks County firefighters battled in Bristol Borough early Thursday morning.
The flames were first reported just before 2:00 a.m. at a home on the 600 block of Pond Street.
Authorities say the fire started in the basement and spread throughout the home and to a neighboring house.
An elderly resident suffered smoke inhalation and is now at Temple University Hospital for treatment. No other injuries were reported.
The flames were brought under control around 3:00 a.m., but not before the home sustained heavy damage.
There is no word on what may have set the blaze.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 12 min ago
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos