Elderly man hospitalized after Bristol Borough fire
BRISTOL BOROUGH, Pa. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bucks County firefighters battled in Bristol Borough early Thursday morning.
The flames were first reported just before 2:00 a.m. at a home on the 600 block of Pond Street.
Authorities say the fire started in the basement and spread throughout the home and to a neighboring house.
An elderly resident suffered smoke inhalation and is now at Temple University Hospital for treatment. No other injuries were reported.
The flames were brought under control around 3:00 a.m., but not before the home sustained heavy damage.
There is no word on what may have set the blaze.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 32 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 17 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
19 min ago