Elderly man hospitalized after Bristol Borough fire
BRISTOL BOROUGH, Pa. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bucks County firefighters battled in Bristol Borough early Thursday morning.
The flames were first reported just before 2:00 a.m. at a home on the 600 block of Pond Street.
Authorities say the fire started in the basement and spread throughout the home and to a neighboring house.
An elderly resident suffered smoke inhalation and is now at Temple University Hospital for treatment. No other injuries were reported.
The flames were brought under control around 3:00 a.m., but not before the home sustained heavy damage.
There is no word on what may have set the blaze.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 50 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
50 min ago