Longtime Milford furniture store destroyed by fire
MILFORD, Del. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A furniture store in Milford that's been owned by the same family since 1928 has been destroyed by fire.
Fire officials say the blaze at Warren Furniture started around 9 p.m. Wednesday and ultimately went to three alarms, with 50 firefighters called to the scene. It took about 3 hours to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
Milford City Manager Richard Carmean says Warren's was "probably the oldest continuous operating business in town."
Milford Tavern owner Rich Hoomans says the store's owner, Brett Warren, had been out of town for a few days and arrived home to find his business burning.
The cause remains under investigation.
new castle county, delaware, fire, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book