Longtime Milford furniture store destroyed by fire
MILFORD, Del. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A furniture store in Milford that's been owned by the same family since 1928 has been destroyed by fire.
Fire officials say the blaze at Warren Furniture started around 9 p.m. Wednesday and ultimately went to three alarms, with 50 firefighters called to the scene. It took about 3 hours to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
Milford City Manager Richard Carmean says Warren's was "probably the oldest continuous operating business in town."
Milford Tavern owner Rich Hoomans says the store's owner, Brett Warren, had been out of town for a few days and arrived home to find his business burning.
The cause remains under investigation.
new castle county, delaware, fire, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 49 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 14 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 14 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 14 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
49 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
14 min ago