Longtime Milford furniture store destroyed by fire
MILFORD, Del. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A furniture store in Milford that's been owned by the same family since 1928 has been destroyed by fire.
Fire officials say the blaze at Warren Furniture started around 9 p.m. Wednesday and ultimately went to three alarms, with 50 firefighters called to the scene. It took about 3 hours to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
Milford City Manager Richard Carmean says Warren's was "probably the oldest continuous operating business in town."
Milford Tavern owner Rich Hoomans says the store's owner, Brett Warren, had been out of town for a few days and arrived home to find his business burning.
The cause remains under investigation.
new castle county, delaware, fire, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 29 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ