Longtime Milford furniture store destroyed by fire
MILFORD, Del. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A furniture store in Milford that's been owned by the same family since 1928 has been destroyed by fire.
Fire officials say the blaze at Warren Furniture started around 9 p.m. Wednesday and ultimately went to three alarms, with 50 firefighters called to the scene. It took about 3 hours to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
Milford City Manager Richard Carmean says Warren's was "probably the oldest continuous operating business in town."
Milford Tavern owner Rich Hoomans says the store's owner, Brett Warren, had been out of town for a few days and arrived home to find his business burning.
The cause remains under investigation.
new castle county, delaware, fire, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape