Rig carrying scrap metal overturns in Lawrence Twp.
LAWRENCE TWP., N.J. - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer carrying scrap metal overturned Thursday morning on the exit ramp from I-259 North onto Route 1 South in Lawrence Township, Mercer County.
The driver of the truck was not seriously hurt and refused treatment.
The ramp was closed for more than two hours as crews worked to upright the truck and clear the debris and scrap metal from the road and grass median.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
mercer county, new jersey, accident, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 23 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 21 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
23 min ago