Man arrested for multiple armed robberies
PHILADELPHIA - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have a made an arrest in multiple armed robberies in Philadelphia.
The initial robbery took place on the 6500 block of Frankford Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia at 4:50 p.m. on October 15th.
Police say 31-year-old Terrell Richardson entered the store and appeared to have a handgun in his waistband.
The suspect then approached an employee and demanded money from the cash register.
After taking an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled on foot south on the 6500 Block of Frankford Avenue.
On November 14th at 7:20 p.m., police responded to a robbery at the Metro PCS Store located at 6822 Bustleton Avenue.
Police say Richardson entered the store armed with a handgun and demanded money from the cash register.
When officers arrived they found Richardson and he was quickly apprehended.
After an investigation into this robbery, Richardson was identified as the suspect in multiple robberies from the 15th and 2nd Districts.
Richardson is charged with multiple robberies and related offenses.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 17 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 4 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
10 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
17 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
4 min ago