Man arrested for multiple armed robberies
PHILADELPHIA - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have a made an arrest in multiple armed robberies in Philadelphia.
The initial robbery took place on the 6500 block of Frankford Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia at 4:50 p.m. on October 15th.
Police say 31-year-old Terrell Richardson entered the store and appeared to have a handgun in his waistband.
The suspect then approached an employee and demanded money from the cash register.
After taking an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled on foot south on the 6500 Block of Frankford Avenue.
On November 14th at 7:20 p.m., police responded to a robbery at the Metro PCS Store located at 6822 Bustleton Avenue.
Police say Richardson entered the store armed with a handgun and demanded money from the cash register.
When officers arrived they found Richardson and he was quickly apprehended.
After an investigation into this robbery, Richardson was identified as the suspect in multiple robberies from the 15th and 2nd Districts.
Richardson is charged with multiple robberies and related offenses.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos