Man arrested for multiple armed robberies
PHILADELPHIA - December 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have a made an arrest in multiple armed robberies in Philadelphia.
The initial robbery took place on the 6500 block of Frankford Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia at 4:50 p.m. on October 15th.
Police say 31-year-old Terrell Richardson entered the store and appeared to have a handgun in his waistband.
The suspect then approached an employee and demanded money from the cash register.
After taking an undisclosed amount of cash, the suspect fled on foot south on the 6500 Block of Frankford Avenue.
On November 14th at 7:20 p.m., police responded to a robbery at the Metro PCS Store located at 6822 Bustleton Avenue.
Police say Richardson entered the store armed with a handgun and demanded money from the cash register.
When officers arrived they found Richardson and he was quickly apprehended.
After an investigation into this robbery, Richardson was identified as the suspect in multiple robberies from the 15th and 2nd Districts.
Richardson is charged with multiple robberies and related offenses.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 21 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa 51 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
57 min ago