1 dead in Point Breeze double shooting
POINT BREEZE - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead and another is fighting for his life after a shooting in Philadelphia's Point Breeze section.
The names of the victims have not yet been released. The vehicle they were sitting in when they were shot has been towed, but investigators will continue to look through it, dust for fingerprints, inventory the contents inside of it as this investigation continues.
The shooting happened just before 2:00 a.m. on the 1700 block of Titan Street.
Police arrived to find the two men inside a 2013 Kia Sorento rental car, both having been shot in the back of the head.
One of the victims, described only as a 23-year-old man, was rushed by police to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
The other victim, said to be a man in his mid-20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Reports indicate that there was crack cocaine in plain view inside the vehicle, leading police to believe that this shooting could be drug related.
Investigators called this an execution style shooting.
Philadelphia's Police Chief Inspector Scott Small tells Action News, "There's no obvious bullet or strike marks inside the vehicle. So it appears that the shooter or shooters were inside the vehicle at the time."
So far police do not have a suspect description. You are urged to contact authorities if you have any information that may aid in the investigation.
point breeze, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery 48 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 50 min ago
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del. 41 min ago
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 14 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 9 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade