1 dead in Point Breeze double shooting
POINT BREEZE - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is dead and another is fighting for his life after a shooting in Philadelphia's Point Breeze section.
The names of the victims have not yet been released. The vehicle they were sitting in when they were shot has been towed, but investigators will continue to look through it, dust for fingerprints, inventory the contents inside of it as this investigation continues.
The shooting happened just before 2:00 a.m. on the 1700 block of Titan Street.
Police arrived to find the two men inside a 2013 Kia Sorento rental car, both having been shot in the back of the head.
One of the victims, described only as a 23-year-old man, was rushed by police to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical condition.
The other victim, said to be a man in his mid-20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Reports indicate that there was crack cocaine in plain view inside the vehicle, leading police to believe that this shooting could be drug related.
Investigators called this an execution style shooting.
Philadelphia's Police Chief Inspector Scott Small tells Action News, "There's no obvious bullet or strike marks inside the vehicle. So it appears that the shooter or shooters were inside the vehicle at the time."
So far police do not have a suspect description. You are urged to contact authorities if you have any information that may aid in the investigation.
point breeze, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 24 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape