Pa. police: Theft suspect left footprints in snow
CARBONDALE, Pa. - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a winter storm that blew through the region enabled them to catch a suspect in a string of car break-ins.
Carbondale police say they tracked down the man through footprints he left in fresh snowfall Wednesday night.
Twenty-three-year-old Thomas Everett Jr. of Carbondale was arrested and charged Thursday with 18 counts each of theft and receiving stolen property.
Officer Jeff Arthur says he became suspicious of footprints he saw encircling a car because the city has been plagued by vehicle break-ins.
He says he followed the trail for more than a mile to the house where Everett was staying. There, police say they found numerous stolen items.
Police say Everett has acknowledged the thefts. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.
pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 49 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 3 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos