Pa. police: Theft suspect left footprints in snow
CARBONDALE, Pa. - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a winter storm that blew through the region enabled them to catch a suspect in a string of car break-ins.
Carbondale police say they tracked down the man through footprints he left in fresh snowfall Wednesday night.
Twenty-three-year-old Thomas Everett Jr. of Carbondale was arrested and charged Thursday with 18 counts each of theft and receiving stolen property.
Officer Jeff Arthur says he became suspicious of footprints he saw encircling a car because the city has been plagued by vehicle break-ins.
He says he followed the trail for more than a mile to the house where Everett was staying. There, police say they found numerous stolen items.
Police say Everett has acknowledged the thefts. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.
pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- Snow Arriving 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
1 min ago