Pa. police: Theft suspect left footprints in snow
CARBONDALE, Pa. - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a winter storm that blew through the region enabled them to catch a suspect in a string of car break-ins.
Carbondale police say they tracked down the man through footprints he left in fresh snowfall Wednesday night.
Twenty-three-year-old Thomas Everett Jr. of Carbondale was arrested and charged Thursday with 18 counts each of theft and receiving stolen property.
Officer Jeff Arthur says he became suspicious of footprints he saw encircling a car because the city has been plagued by vehicle break-ins.
He says he followed the trail for more than a mile to the house where Everett was staying. There, police say they found numerous stolen items.
Police say Everett has acknowledged the thefts. It was not clear if he had a lawyer.
pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 35 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- All clear given at Del. National Guard base 2 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 31 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 29 min ago
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 4 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 14 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8...
35 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
31 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
29 min ago
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
14 min ago