Firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze in Doylestown
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire crews in Doylestown, Bucks County battled a blaze inside a townhome Friday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched at 8:10 a.m. to a home on the 200 block of Gatehouse Circle.
When they arrived they found heavy fire in the home. They quickly struck a second alarm.
The bulk of the fire was knocked down an hour later at 9:10, however, crews continued to douse hot spots throughout the morning.
There are no reports of injuries.
According to officials on scene, the fire started on the first floor of an end unit and extended up the 2-story building. Initial reports indicate surrounding homes have sustained smoke and water damage.
There is no word yet on how the fire started.
bucks county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ