Del State Police: 2 fatal accidents were alcohol-related
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say two fatal crashes over the Christmas holiday involved impaired drivers.
A passenger, 54-year-old Carol Reppond of Magnolia, died after a Christmas Eve accident south of Dover. On Christmas Day, 27-year-old Jose Rodriguez died after he overturned his sport-utility vehicle on Interstate 495.
Police say 57 people have been injured and five have died in impaired-driving crashes since Thanksgiving. That's a major increase from the same period last year, when two people were killed over the holidays and 24 were hurt.
Police say there have been nearly 4,800 DUI arrests in Delaware since the beginning of the year. The Office of Highway Safety says four checkpoints are scheduled for this weekend, and 328 have been arrested for driving under the influence as part of the checkpoint program.
wilmington, delaware, accident, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 45 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 29 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 37 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
43 min ago