Driver killed, passenger injured in S. Philly crash
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed and other injured when a driver lost control of his vehicle in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 1:40 p.m. on the 1000 block of Pattison Avenue.
Authorities say upon losing control, the driver struck a tree and a parked car.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger was taken to Methodist Hospital for injuries.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 22 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 35 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 20 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 33 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 59 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
22 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
35 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
4 min ago