Driver killed, passenger injured in S. Philly crash
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed and other injured when a driver lost control of his vehicle in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 1:40 p.m. on the 1000 block of Pattison Avenue.
Authorities say upon losing control, the driver struck a tree and a parked car.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger was taken to Methodist Hospital for injuries.
Police are still investigating what sparked the crash.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases