1 dead, 1 injured in Port Richmond house fire
PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another person is hospitalized after fire broke out in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday night.
Fire crews were called out to the 2000 block of East Madison Street just after 9:00 p.m.
Officials say fire broke out in the rear of a three story twin. Firefighters rescued a 60-year-old woman, but a 51-year-old man died from his injuries.
The woman was taken to Temple University Hospital with smoke inhalation.
There is no word on the cause of the fire.
fire, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 28 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 20 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 3 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 4 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
31 min ago