1 dead, 1 injured in Port Richmond house fire
PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another person is hospitalized after fire broke out in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday night.
Fire crews were called out to the 2000 block of East Madison Street just after 9:00 p.m.
Officials say fire broke out in the rear of a three story twin. Firefighters rescued a 60-year-old woman, but a 51-year-old man died from his injuries.
The woman was taken to Temple University Hospital with smoke inhalation.
There is no word on the cause of the fire.
fire, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 9 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 27 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 5 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 59 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 35 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos