1 dead, 1 injured in Port Richmond house fire
PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another person is hospitalized after fire broke out in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday night.
Fire crews were called out to the 2000 block of East Madison Street just after 9:00 p.m.
Officials say fire broke out in the rear of a three story twin. Firefighters rescued a 60-year-old woman, but a 51-year-old man died from his injuries.
The woman was taken to Temple University Hospital with smoke inhalation.
There is no word on the cause of the fire.
fire, philadelphia, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 36 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ