1 dead, 1 injured in Port Richmond house fire
PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another person is hospitalized after fire broke out in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday night.
Fire crews were called out to the 2000 block of East Madison Street just after 9:00 p.m.
Officials say fire broke out in the rear of a three story twin. Firefighters rescued a 60-year-old woman, but a 51-year-old man died from his injuries.
The woman was taken to Temple University Hospital with smoke inhalation.
There is no word on the cause of the fire.
fire, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 42 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 3 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
42 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
3 min ago