1 dead, 1 injured in Port Richmond house fire
PHILADELPHIA - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead and another person is hospitalized after fire broke out in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Friday night.
Fire crews were called out to the 2000 block of East Madison Street just after 9:00 p.m.
Officials say fire broke out in the rear of a three story twin. Firefighters rescued a 60-year-old woman, but a 51-year-old man died from his injuries.
The woman was taken to Temple University Hospital with smoke inhalation.
There is no word on the cause of the fire.
fire, philadelphia, local/state
- Jersey shore eyes record-setting summer
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load