2 wounded as gunfire erupts in W. Philly
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that left two men wounded.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday morning on the 3900 block of Cambridge Street near Union Avenue.
Authorities say gunfire rang out striking one man at least once. A second man ran from the scene and was struck in the leg.
The second victim continued running towards 40th and Girard Avenue where police were called to the scene.
Meanwhile a female driver on Girard Avenue reported that a stray bullet pierced both her driver and passenger side windows.
Both men were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. No word on their conditions.
Also no word yet what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 35 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 58 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos