2 wounded as gunfire erupts in W. Philly
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that left two men wounded.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday morning on the 3900 block of Cambridge Street near Union Avenue.
Authorities say gunfire rang out striking one man at least once. A second man ran from the scene and was struck in the leg.
The second victim continued running towards 40th and Girard Avenue where police were called to the scene.
Meanwhile a female driver on Girard Avenue reported that a stray bullet pierced both her driver and passenger side windows.
Both men were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. No word on their conditions.
Also no word yet what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 8 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 13 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 27 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 16 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 20 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 27 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
13 min ago