2 wounded as gunfire erupts in W. Philly
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that left two men wounded.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday morning on the 3900 block of Cambridge Street near Union Avenue.
Authorities say gunfire rang out striking one man at least once. A second man ran from the scene and was struck in the leg.
The second victim continued running towards 40th and Girard Avenue where police were called to the scene.
Meanwhile a female driver on Girard Avenue reported that a stray bullet pierced both her driver and passenger side windows.
Both men were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. No word on their conditions.
Also no word yet what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos