2 wounded as gunfire erupts in W. Philly
WEST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in West Philadelphia that left two men wounded.
It happened around 3:40 Sunday morning on the 3900 block of Cambridge Street near Union Avenue.
Authorities say gunfire rang out striking one man at least once. A second man ran from the scene and was struck in the leg.
The second victim continued running towards 40th and Girard Avenue where police were called to the scene.
Meanwhile a female driver on Girard Avenue reported that a stray bullet pierced both her driver and passenger side windows.
Both men were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. No word on their conditions.
Also no word yet what sparked the shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Snow Arriving 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
49 min ago