Driver freed from wreckage on Pa. Turnpike
BENSALEM, Pa. - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A driver had to be extricated by firefighters after a crash on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Bensalem.
It happened around 4:30 Saturday morning on the eastbound side of the turnpike near milemarker 350.
Authorities say the driver of a car lost control and went off the turnpike. The vehicle rolled over several times and trapped the driver inside.
Firefighters worked for about 30 minutes to free the victim who was taken to Aria-Torresdale Hospital.
No word what sparked the crash. Pennsylvania State Police continue to investigate.
pennsylvania, bensalem, pa turnpike, accident, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 39 min ago
- Temps Soar 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 42 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 57 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 59 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 49 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
55 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
39 min ago