Transformer fire in NE Phila. causes power outages
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a transformer fire in Northeast Philadelphia has left hundreds of people without power.
Police and fire crews were called out around 6:30 Saturday morning to the 6600 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Smoke was reported coming from a manhole. Officials later discovered that an underground transformer caught fire.
PECO officials say approximately 1,000 people are without power.
Power crews remain on the scene.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, power outage, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 31 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
40 min ago