Transformer fire in NE Phila. causes power outages
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a transformer fire in Northeast Philadelphia has left hundreds of people without power.
Police and fire crews were called out around 6:30 Saturday morning to the 6600 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Smoke was reported coming from a manhole. Officials later discovered that an underground transformer caught fire.
PECO officials say approximately 1,000 people are without power.
Power crews remain on the scene.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, power outage, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases