Transformer fire in NE Phila. causes power outages
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a transformer fire in Northeast Philadelphia has left hundreds of people without power.
Police and fire crews were called out around 6:30 Saturday morning to the 6600 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Smoke was reported coming from a manhole. Officials later discovered that an underground transformer caught fire.
PECO officials say approximately 1,000 people are without power.
Power crews remain on the scene.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, power outage, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 41 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 32 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar