Transformer fire in NE Phila. causes power outages
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a transformer fire in Northeast Philadelphia has left hundreds of people without power.
Police and fire crews were called out around 6:30 Saturday morning to the 6600 block of Bustleton Avenue.
Smoke was reported coming from a manhole. Officials later discovered that an underground transformer caught fire.
PECO officials say approximately 1,000 people are without power.
Power crews remain on the scene.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, power outage, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's