Driver faces DUI after truck, train collide in Del.
BEAR, Del. - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A driver is facing DUI charges after his vehicle and a train collided at a railroad crossing in Bear, Delaware.
It happened around 4:00 Saturday morning at the Porter Road railroad crossing.
Authorities say a 1994 Ford pickup truck, driven by 33-year-old Derrick Jones, turned off of Porter Road and onto Old Porter Road.
The vehicle struck a Norfolk Southern train that was travelling south at the crossing.
The impact of the crash lodged the truck under one of the train's tankers that was filled with liquified gas.
The train dragged the vehicle about a half mile before coming to a stop.
Jones was transported to Christiana Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. His passenger was also taken to the hospital for minor injuries.
No word if either person was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Alcohol may have played a role in the crash, police say Jones is charged with DUI and related offenses.
delaware, new castle county, accident, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found 10 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 42 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Drug dealers targeted in Collingdale sweep
46 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV...
34 min ago