Firefighters battle blaze at Phila. retirement home
PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were busy in Wynnefield Heights fighting a fire at a retirement home Saturday night.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. in the basement at Hayes Manor Retirement on the 2200 block of Belmont Avenue.
It took crews a little over a half an hour to knock out the fire.
Medics helped relocate some residents.
There were no reports of injuries.
fire, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 5 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 3 min ago
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands 9 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 11 min ago
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 7 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly...
11 min ago