Firefighters battle blaze at Phila. retirement home
PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were busy in Wynnefield Heights fighting a fire at a retirement home Saturday night.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. in the basement at Hayes Manor Retirement on the 2200 block of Belmont Avenue.
It took crews a little over a half an hour to knock out the fire.
Medics helped relocate some residents.
There were no reports of injuries.
fire, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today 35 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA 24 min ago
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend 19 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra