Firefighters battle blaze at Phila. retirement home
PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were busy in Wynnefield Heights fighting a fire at a retirement home Saturday night.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. in the basement at Hayes Manor Retirement on the 2200 block of Belmont Avenue.
It took crews a little over a half an hour to knock out the fire.
Medics helped relocate some residents.
There were no reports of injuries.
fire, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 53 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos