Firefighters battle blaze at Phila. retirement home
PHILADELPHIA - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were busy in Wynnefield Heights fighting a fire at a retirement home Saturday night.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. in the basement at Hayes Manor Retirement on the 2200 block of Belmont Avenue.
It took crews a little over a half an hour to knock out the fire.
Medics helped relocate some residents.
There were no reports of injuries.
fire, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 45 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos