Man critical after New Castle County house fire
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man is in critical condition after a fire at his New Castle County home.
New Castle County firefighters and paramedics responded to the 1000 block of Providence Avenue on Friday at 12:38 p.m. for a report of a fire. Firefighters said the 57-year-old resident of the home was trapped inside the home for about 25 minutes before firefighters were able to remove him.
Paramedics say the man had injuries from inhaling smoke and hot gasses from the fire and was in cardiac arrest when he was taken from his home.
The man was taken to a hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.
The man's name was not released.
fire, delaware, local/state
- Fmr. Chester Co. teacher faces child porn charges 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 17 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 6 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos