Man critical after New Castle County house fire
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man is in critical condition after a fire at his New Castle County home.
New Castle County firefighters and paramedics responded to the 1000 block of Providence Avenue on Friday at 12:38 p.m. for a report of a fire. Firefighters said the 57-year-old resident of the home was trapped inside the home for about 25 minutes before firefighters were able to remove him.
Paramedics say the man had injuries from inhaling smoke and hot gasses from the fire and was in cardiac arrest when he was taken from his home.
The man was taken to a hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.
The man's name was not released.
fire, delaware, local/state
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 6 min ago
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 14 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- SUV crashes into gas pump, bursts into flames
26 min ago