Man critical after New Castle County house fire
NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware man is in critical condition after a fire at his New Castle County home.
New Castle County firefighters and paramedics responded to the 1000 block of Providence Avenue on Friday at 12:38 p.m. for a report of a fire. Firefighters said the 57-year-old resident of the home was trapped inside the home for about 25 minutes before firefighters were able to remove him.
Paramedics say the man had injuries from inhaling smoke and hot gasses from the fire and was in cardiac arrest when he was taken from his home.
The man was taken to a hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.
The man's name was not released.
fire, delaware, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 57 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 24 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom