2 officers hurt in NJ station shooting released
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two of three police officers shot and wounded by an arrested man inside a southern New Jersey police station have been released from a hospital.
Authorities say the third officer underwent surgery for a gunshot wound to the abdomen and was hospitalized in stable condition Saturday.
The arrested man was identified as Willingboro resident Eddie Jones III. He was killed Friday during the struggle inside the station in Gloucester Township, a Philadelphia suburb.
Officials say Jones overpowered and disarmed an officer, then fired at her and two other officers who had been in a nearby room and went to help her.
The two officers returned fire on Jones, a state Department of Corrections civilian employee who had been accused of stalking a former girlfriend.
gloucester county, police, shooting, new jersey, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
36 min ago