2-alarm fire at Atlantic Co. Apartment complex
BUENA BOROUGH, NJ - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle a two alarm fire and an apartment complex in Buena Borough, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out around 11:20 Saturday night at the Wheat Manor Apartments on the 100 block of South Avenue.
Authorities say flames were reported shooting from one of the apartments on the ground floor.
The flames quickly spread to the second floor before firefighters were able to get the upper hand.
The fire was brought under control in less than an hour but crews remained on the scene for several hours.
Smoke and water damage was reported in at least two other apartments.
There were no reports of any injuries but the Red Cross was called to assist displaced residents.
A cause for the fire in still under investigation.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 1 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 4 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 2 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
1 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
4 min ago