2-alarm fire at Atlantic Co. Apartment complex
BUENA BOROUGH, NJ - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle a two alarm fire and an apartment complex in Buena Borough, Atlantic County.
The fire broke out around 11:20 Saturday night at the Wheat Manor Apartments on the 100 block of South Avenue.
Authorities say flames were reported shooting from one of the apartments on the ground floor.
The flames quickly spread to the second floor before firefighters were able to get the upper hand.
The fire was brought under control in less than an hour but crews remained on the scene for several hours.
Smoke and water damage was reported in at least two other apartments.
There were no reports of any injuries but the Red Cross was called to assist displaced residents.
A cause for the fire in still under investigation.
new jersey, atlantic county, fire, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
11 min ago