Man shot after rear end crash in S. Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- After a rear end crash, authorities say a group of men got out of a car and one of them opened fire on the other driver.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning near 15th and Webster streets in South Philadelphia.
Authorities responded to the scene where the victim told police he was chased by several males in a white vehicle.
According to the victim, the driver of the white vehicle rear ended him, causing an accident.
The men in the vehicle got out and one of them opened fire, striking the victim in the head. Shortly after the men got back into the white car and fled.
The victim suffered a graze wound to the head and was taken to Jefferson Hospital for treatment.
Police say they found a white Pontiac with heavy front end damage on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
No word on any suspects at this time.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 27 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 30 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 28 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
27 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
30 min ago