Man shot after rear end crash in S. Philly
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- After a rear end crash, authorities say a group of men got out of a car and one of them opened fire on the other driver.
It happened around 3:00 Sunday morning near 15th and Webster streets in South Philadelphia.
Authorities responded to the scene where the victim told police he was chased by several males in a white vehicle.
According to the victim, the driver of the white vehicle rear ended him, causing an accident.
The men in the vehicle got out and one of them opened fire, striking the victim in the head. Shortly after the men got back into the white car and fled.
The victim suffered a graze wound to the head and was taken to Jefferson Hospital for treatment.
Police say they found a white Pontiac with heavy front end damage on the 1300 block of South Cleveland Street.
No word on any suspects at this time.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos