Off-duty officer, driver injured in Roosevelt Blvd crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crash on Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philadelphia has left two people injured including an off-duty police officer.
It happened around 11:00 Saturday evening in the northbound lanes of the roadway near Bustleton Avenue.
Police say the driver of a Mitsubishi Eclipse struck a car. While fleeing the scene, the driver ran a red light and was struck by the off-duty officer's vehicle.
According to authorities the 25th district officer was on his way home from work.
Both drivers were taken to Hahnemann Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, roosevelt boulevard, accident, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower