Off-duty officer, driver injured in Roosevelt Blvd crash
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A crash on Roosevelt Boulevard in Northeast Philadelphia has left two people injured including an off-duty police officer.
It happened around 11:00 Saturday evening in the northbound lanes of the roadway near Bustleton Avenue.
Police say the driver of a Mitsubishi Eclipse struck a car. While fleeing the scene, the driver ran a red light and was struck by the off-duty officer's vehicle.
According to authorities the 25th district officer was on his way home from work.
Both drivers were taken to Hahnemann Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The accident remains under investigation.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, roosevelt boulevard, accident, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 15 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore 28 min ago
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office...
15 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos