Police: NJ man tried to set elderly mom on fire
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Camden County, New Jersey man tried to set his elderly mother and their family home on fire.
Forty-three-year-old Paul Dobrzynski of Gloucester Township faces two counts each of attempted murder, attempted aggravated arson and making terroristic threats.
Authorities went to the home early Saturday after a man who also lives there said Dobrzynski was threatening to kill everyone in the residence. The man said Dobrzynski had sprayed lighter fluid on him, his mother and himself and filled the home with natural gas.
Police found Dobrzynski on the front lawn and took him into custody. They then removed his mother from the home without incident.
No injuries were reported, and the home was not damaged.
It's not known Dobrzynski has retained an attorney.
new jersey, camden county, arson, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 29 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 27 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 32 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 1 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more