Police: NJ man tried to set elderly mom on fire
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a Camden County, New Jersey man tried to set his elderly mother and their family home on fire.
Forty-three-year-old Paul Dobrzynski of Gloucester Township faces two counts each of attempted murder, attempted aggravated arson and making terroristic threats.
Authorities went to the home early Saturday after a man who also lives there said Dobrzynski was threatening to kill everyone in the residence. The man said Dobrzynski had sprayed lighter fluid on him, his mother and himself and filled the home with natural gas.
Police found Dobrzynski on the front lawn and took him into custody. They then removed his mother from the home without incident.
No injuries were reported, and the home was not damaged.
It's not known Dobrzynski has retained an attorney.
new jersey, camden county, arson, local/state
- Bear spotted in Bucks County 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 13 min ago
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 23 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
13 min ago