Firefighter shocked battling Colwyn blaze
COLWYN, Pa. - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two firefighters were injured, one through electric shock, while fighting a fire in Colwyn, Delaware County Sunday night.
The blaze broke out around 6:40 p.m. at a home on the 200 block of Walnut Street.
Officials say a Darby firefighter was shocked by an electrical wire, but will be okay.
He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania as a precaution.
Another firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Action News spoke with a neighbor, whose home was also affected by the fire.
He and his dog were able to make it out unharmed. His wife and children were out at the time.
The neighbor says the family in the rowhouse where the fire began was not at home.
The fire was placed under control by 8:00 p.m.
The Red Cross is helping those displaced by the fire.
pennsylvania, delaware county, fire, local/state
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 40 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 51 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 48 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
40 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
51 min ago