2 dead, 1 hospitalized after Powelton crash
POWELTON - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead and one person is hospitalized after an accident in the Powelton section of Philadelphia.
The crash occurred around 10:45 p.m. at the intersection of 42nd Street and Haverford Avenue.
When officers arrived they found that a vehicle was involved in an accident and overturned. Police say the vehicle hit a wall and then crashed into parked cars.
One person, a male, was pronounced dead at the scene
Another male in his 20s was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
A third male, also in his 20s, was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
Police are investigating if speed was a factor in the crash. All three victims were ejected from the vehicle.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 28 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 6 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 41 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 33 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos