2 dead, 1 hospitalized after Powelton crash
POWELTON - December 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people are dead and one person is hospitalized after an accident in the Powelton section of Philadelphia.
The crash occurred around 10:45 p.m. at the intersection of 42nd Street and Haverford Avenue.
When officers arrived they found that a vehicle was involved in an accident and overturned. Police say the vehicle hit a wall and then crashed into parked cars.
One person, a male, was pronounced dead at the scene
Another male in his 20s was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
A third male, also in his 20s, was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
Police are investigating if speed was a factor in the crash. All three victims were ejected from the vehicle.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 6 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar