2 arrested in Frankford shooting
FRANKFORD - December 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested two suspects after shots were fired in the Frankford section of Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. on the 4700 block of Leiper Street.
Police say they arrived to find a car shot up where a blood trail from the vehicle led to a house.
The residents inside had called 911 and told police they were not allowed out of the house.
The scene was declared a barricade situation and SWAT teams were called in.
The SWAT team made entrance into the house and discovered a male shot multiple times.
The victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital in critical condition.
Police took two suspects into custody.
So far, no word on what led to the shooting.
shooting, frankford, philadelphia, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 14 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 39 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 52 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 51 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school