Police: Child found dead at SW Pa. ski resort
HIDDEN VALLEY, Pa. (AP) - December 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say a child has been found dead in his sleep at a southwestern Pennsylvania ski resort, but investigators don't suspect foul play.
Troopers from the Somerset barracks are investigating the death at Hidden Valley Resort, about 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
The Somerset County coroner has identified the boy as 11-year-old Conner Patrick Williams, of New Philadelphia, Ohio.
Results from an autopsy Sunday are pending toxicology and other laboratory test results, but police do not consider the death to be suspicious.
Police say the boy was found dead when other family members woke up Sunday morning. Police say the family was staying in a resort condo, but that the death isn't believed to be linked to anything that happened to the child at the resort.
A resort spokeswoman has declined comment.
child death, pennsylvania, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 14 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 1 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 7 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
4 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
14 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
1 min ago