Police: Child found dead at SW Pa. ski resort
HIDDEN VALLEY, Pa. (AP) - December 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say a child has been found dead in his sleep at a southwestern Pennsylvania ski resort, but investigators don't suspect foul play.
Troopers from the Somerset barracks are investigating the death at Hidden Valley Resort, about 50 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.
The Somerset County coroner has identified the boy as 11-year-old Conner Patrick Williams, of New Philadelphia, Ohio.
Results from an autopsy Sunday are pending toxicology and other laboratory test results, but police do not consider the death to be suspicious.
Police say the boy was found dead when other family members woke up Sunday morning. Police say the family was staying in a resort condo, but that the death isn't believed to be linked to anything that happened to the child at the resort.
A resort spokeswoman has declined comment.
child death, pennsylvania, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 11 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 33 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
25 min ago