Teen murdered outside party in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 16-year-old male was killed outside a New Year's Eve party in West Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The incident occurred just after midnight in the 5600 block of Carpenter Street.
According to police, the teen was gunned down outside a home where people were celebrating the new year.
He was shot in the chest and hand and taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead.
Officers say they took two men into custody for questioning and they were both armed with guns.
They also found a gun in the yard near the shooting scene.
The victim's name has not been released and so far, no arrests have been made.
teens, homicide, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos