Victims of deadly Route 202 crash in Chester County identified
WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the victims of a deadly one-vehicle crash on southbound Route 202 in West Goshen Twp., Pa.
Police say the accident happened just after 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, when the vehicle slammed into a pole near Route 100.
Claude Norris III, 22, of Coatesville, Pa., a passenger, was killed.
James P. Wilkins, 22, of Coatesville, the driver, was injured.
A second passenger, Booker T. Gerald, 23, of Coatesville was also hurt.
Arriving officers found the vehicle in a grassy area on the west side of the roadway.
They say Norris had been ejected from the vehicle. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Wilkins and Gerald were rescued from the vehicle and taken to Paoli Hospital for treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. Police say charges against the driver are pending.
accident, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ