Victims of deadly Route 202 crash in Chester County identified
WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the victims of a deadly one-vehicle crash on southbound Route 202 in West Goshen Twp., Pa.
Police say the accident happened just after 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, when the vehicle slammed into a pole near Route 100.
Claude Norris III, 22, of Coatesville, Pa., a passenger, was killed.
James P. Wilkins, 22, of Coatesville, the driver, was injured.
A second passenger, Booker T. Gerald, 23, of Coatesville was also hurt.
Arriving officers found the vehicle in a grassy area on the west side of the roadway.
They say Norris had been ejected from the vehicle. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Wilkins and Gerald were rescued from the vehicle and taken to Paoli Hospital for treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. Police say charges against the driver are pending.
accident, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 46 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
18 min ago