Victims of deadly Route 202 crash in Chester County identified
WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the victims of a deadly one-vehicle crash on southbound Route 202 in West Goshen Twp., Pa.
Police say the accident happened just after 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, when the vehicle slammed into a pole near Route 100.
Claude Norris III, 22, of Coatesville, Pa., a passenger, was killed.
James P. Wilkins, 22, of Coatesville, the driver, was injured.
A second passenger, Booker T. Gerald, 23, of Coatesville was also hurt.
Arriving officers found the vehicle in a grassy area on the west side of the roadway.
They say Norris had been ejected from the vehicle. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Wilkins and Gerald were rescued from the vehicle and taken to Paoli Hospital for treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. Police say charges against the driver are pending.
accident, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Suspects in $14-million marijuana bust 4 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 4 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 57 min ago