Victims of deadly Route 202 crash in Chester County identified
WEST GOSHEN TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the victims of a deadly one-vehicle crash on southbound Route 202 in West Goshen Twp., Pa.
Police say the accident happened just after 5:00 a.m. Tuesday, when the vehicle slammed into a pole near Route 100.
Claude Norris III, 22, of Coatesville, Pa., a passenger, was killed.
James P. Wilkins, 22, of Coatesville, the driver, was injured.
A second passenger, Booker T. Gerald, 23, of Coatesville was also hurt.
Arriving officers found the vehicle in a grassy area on the west side of the roadway.
They say Norris had been ejected from the vehicle. Medics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Wilkins and Gerald were rescued from the vehicle and taken to Paoli Hospital for treatment.
The crash is still under investigation. Police say charges against the driver are pending.
accident, chester county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids