Triple shooting leaves one dead in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and two others wounded in North Philadelphia.
It happened at 3:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 1700 block of West Venango Street.
Officers arrived to find three men suffering from gunshot wounds.
A 23-year-old man was shot in the chest. He was taken to Temple University Hospital and pronounced dead a short time later.
A 22-year-old man had been shot twice in the chest and once in the foot. Medics took him to Temple in critical condition.
Another 22-year-old man was shot in the foot and taken to Einstein Hospital in stable condition.
The search for suspects and a motive is underway.
philadelphia, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 32 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 25 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act