Water main break interrupts service in Montgomery County, Pa.
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A water main break kept utility crews busy in Montgomery County Tuesday morning.
It happened before 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Butler Pike and Ridge Avenue in Whitemarsh Township.
Aqua America tells Action News the break in the 12-inch main interrupted service to a number of homes and businesses.
Crews were on the scene working to the repair the main.
As of 10:30 a.m. service had been restored to all but 10 homes and businesses along Butler Pike.
pennsylvania, water main break, montgomery county, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 15 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death 25 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 14 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Central Pa. man arrested for 2 DUIs in 2 hours 43 min ago
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's