Water main break interrupts service in Montgomery County, Pa.
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A water main break kept utility crews busy in Montgomery County Tuesday morning.
It happened before 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Butler Pike and Ridge Avenue in Whitemarsh Township.
Aqua America tells Action News the break in the 12-inch main interrupted service to a number of homes and businesses.
Crews were on the scene working to the repair the main.
As of 10:30 a.m. service had been restored to all but 10 homes and businesses along Butler Pike.
pennsylvania, water main break, montgomery county, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 30 min ago