Water main break interrupts service in Montgomery County, Pa.
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A water main break kept utility crews busy in Montgomery County Tuesday morning.
It happened before 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Butler Pike and Ridge Avenue in Whitemarsh Township.
Aqua America tells Action News the break in the 12-inch main interrupted service to a number of homes and businesses.
Crews were on the scene working to the repair the main.
As of 10:30 a.m. service had been restored to all but 10 homes and businesses along Butler Pike.
pennsylvania, water main break, montgomery county, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 43 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 11 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape