Victims ID'd in deadly Christiana, Delaware crash
CHRISTIANA, Del. - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware authorities have identified the victims of a deadly crash in Christiana, Delaware Thursday night.
Police say two cars collided head-on along Churchman's Road near Iroquois Court in Christiana just after 10:30 p.m.
Police say 37-year-old Robert L. Vanaskey, Jr. of New Castle, Delaware was travelling westbound in a Pontiac Grand-Am when he crossed the road into the eastbound lanes and struck a Honda Accord driven by 24-year-old Melissa L. Foraker of New Castle.
Both drivers were trapped and had to be extricated from their cars.
Police say Foraker was not properly restrained and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Vanaskey was rushed to Christiana Hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Churchman's Road was closed for two-and-a-half hours while the accident was cleared.
Police continue to investigate.
accident, delaware, local/state
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 22 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- 2 injured after vehicle hits sinkhole in...
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos