Victims ID'd in deadly Christiana, Delaware crash
CHRISTIANA, Del. - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware authorities have identified the victims of a deadly crash in Christiana, Delaware Thursday night.
Police say two cars collided head-on along Churchman's Road near Iroquois Court in Christiana just after 10:30 p.m.
Police say 37-year-old Robert L. Vanaskey, Jr. of New Castle, Delaware was travelling westbound in a Pontiac Grand-Am when he crossed the road into the eastbound lanes and struck a Honda Accord driven by 24-year-old Melissa L. Foraker of New Castle.
Both drivers were trapped and had to be extricated from their cars.
Police say Foraker was not properly restrained and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Vanaskey was rushed to Christiana Hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Churchman's Road was closed for two-and-a-half hours while the accident was cleared.
Police continue to investigate.
accident, delaware, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 47 min ago
- Windy and cold today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 22 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 33 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 38 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
28 min ago