Pedestrian struck in Gloucester County, N.J.
WASHINGTON TWP., N.J. - January 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian has died after being struck by a vehicle in Gloucester County.
It happened before 5:30 p.m. Tuesday on the Black Horse Pike at Wilson Road in Washington Township.
Police tell Action News a man was struck crossing the four lane highway where his son was on the other side. He was taken to Kennedy Memorial Hospital where he later died of his injuries. hat one person was taken to an area hospital in serious condition.
The southbound Black Horse Pike was shut down for about two hours while police investigated and crews worked to clear the scene.
Police say the driver of the car did stop and remain at the scene.
The victim's identity and that of his son have not been released.
The accident remains under investigation. Police are asking anyone who may have witnessed the accident to contact police at 856-589-6650.
new jersey, pedestrian struck, gloucester county, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 2 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 47 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 22 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
47 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos