Police find Pa. man dead after shooting girlfriend
PITTSBURGH (AP) - January 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a man shot himself ending an early morning standoff at an apartment building after police determined he fatally shot his girlfriend at her home in another location.
Police have yet to release the suspect's name, though Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki says the man "did implicate himself" in the murder of 33-year-old Ka'Sandra Wade. She was found dead about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday after relatives asked police to check on her.
Once police identified a suspect in that shooting, they surrounded the building where he lived in a basement apartment about midnight. A SWAT team and negotiators also responded and a robot equipped with a camera was sent into the apartment enabling police to see the man had shot himself. That was confirmed about 4:30 a.m.
Other residents were kept warm in a transit bus during the standoff.
shooting, homicide, pittsburgh, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!