Police find Pa. man dead after shooting girlfriend
PITTSBURGH (AP) - January 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pittsburgh police say a man shot himself ending an early morning standoff at an apartment building after police determined he fatally shot his girlfriend at her home in another location.
Police have yet to release the suspect's name, though Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki says the man "did implicate himself" in the murder of 33-year-old Ka'Sandra Wade. She was found dead about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday after relatives asked police to check on her.
Once police identified a suspect in that shooting, they surrounded the building where he lived in a basement apartment about midnight. A SWAT team and negotiators also responded and a robot equipped with a camera was sent into the apartment enabling police to see the man had shot himself. That was confirmed about 4:30 a.m.
Other residents were kept warm in a transit bus during the standoff.
shooting, homicide, pittsburgh, pennsylvania, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 4 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 6 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos