Woman struck by SEPTA train in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA officials and Philadelphia Police are investigating an accident on the Market-Frankford line that left a woman injured Saturday night.
Police say a 45-year-old woman was struck by an eastbound train at the Huntingdon Station on Kensington Avenue near Huntingdon Street around 6:30 p.m.
She was trapped underneath the train for a brief time while crews worked to free her. She was taken to Temple University Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
SEPTA officials are running shuttle buses in the area during the investigation.
SEPTA, kensington, train accident, philadelphia, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 49 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos