$10,000 reward offered for Rite Aid robberies
PHILADELPHIA - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Northeast Philadelphia pharmacy that has battled crime before has been hit again. The store hopes a hefty reward will bring the suspects to justice.
It was 4:18 a.m. on Sunday November 18th. That's when police say three men came into the Rite Aid on the 2500 block of Welsh Road in Northeast Philadelphia wearing hoodies and masks.
"They are all armed with handguns. They tell the security guard lay down on the floor. They take the assistant manager back in the office, and they put a gun in his face," said John Apeldorn.
Witnesses say one of the suspects even held the guard down with his foot. One of the men stole a customer's wallet and another demanded money from the office.
The trio fled on foot with just over $1,900.
Armed robbers hit the same location twice last May. But police say the latest heist is not connected.
Apeldorn says Rite Aid is putting up $10,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the November robbery.
"We can't tolerate that as a society," said Apeldorn. "We have to get these people off the street, and if the community sees something out there give a call. They are the ones living out there too."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS. All calls will remain anonymous.
"We want to get these people off the street and in jail where they belong," said Apeldorn.
rite aid, robbery, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 51 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 51 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
51 min ago
- TONIGHT at 11: How the right bra can make...
40 min ago