$10,000 reward offered for Rite Aid robberies
PHILADELPHIA - January 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Northeast Philadelphia pharmacy that has battled crime before has been hit again. The store hopes a hefty reward will bring the suspects to justice.
It was 4:18 a.m. on Sunday November 18th. That's when police say three men came into the Rite Aid on the 2500 block of Welsh Road in Northeast Philadelphia wearing hoodies and masks.
"They are all armed with handguns. They tell the security guard lay down on the floor. They take the assistant manager back in the office, and they put a gun in his face," said John Apeldorn.
Witnesses say one of the suspects even held the guard down with his foot. One of the men stole a customer's wallet and another demanded money from the office.
The trio fled on foot with just over $1,900.
Armed robbers hit the same location twice last May. But police say the latest heist is not connected.
Apeldorn says Rite Aid is putting up $10,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the November robbery.
"We can't tolerate that as a society," said Apeldorn. "We have to get these people off the street, and if the community sees something out there give a call. They are the ones living out there too."
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS. All calls will remain anonymous.
"We want to get these people off the street and in jail where they belong," said Apeldorn.
rite aid, robbery, northeast philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 58 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
49 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos