Police: Burned & bound victim stabbed, throat slashed
TIOGA-NICETOWN - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters showed up to a burning minivan overnight, only to find a body inside. They say the victim had his hands and feet duct taped together.
The gruesome discovery was made late Wednesday night. It was around 11:00 p.m. when firefighters received a 9-1-1 call about a car on fire in a vacant lot on the 3300 block of N 19th Street in Philadelphia's Tioga-Nicetown section.
The Pontiac minivan was fully engulfed in flames when authorities arrived. When the flames were extinguished, the fire department realized there was a dead body in the back of the car and immediately notified police.
Officers arrived to find the wrists and ankles of the victim bound with duct tape. Upon further investigation, police found the victim's throat slashed and body stabbed.
Authorities are stilling trying to determine the man's identity.
Authorities are looking to see if there are surveillance cameras in the area that may have captured footage that could aid in the investigation. If you have any information you are urged to contact police.
fire, body found, nicetown, tioga, philadelphia, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 25 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 1 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 5 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 21 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
25 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
1 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
5 min ago