Soldier from Millville, N.J. found dead at Fort Hood
FORT HOOD, Texas - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The soldier who was found dead the day after Christmas at Fort Hood in Texas has been identified as a man from Millville, New Jersey.
Sergeant Jose Joaquin Suarez, 24, was in active duty service since June, 2006 and was an information systems operator-analyst.
Suarez was found unresponsive in his barracks and was pronounced dead at Carl R. Darnall Medical Center.
The circumstances surrounding his death remain under investigation.
He was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 720th Military Police Company, 89th Military Police Brigade, Fort Hood since January 2011.
Suarez deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom from September 2007 to September 2008 and in support of Operation Enduring Freedom from December 2011 to December 2012.
Suarez's awards and decorations include two Army Commendation Medals, three Army Achievement Medals, two Army Good Conduct Medals, National Defense Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal with campaign star, Afghanistan Campaign Medal with campaign star, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, two Overseas Service Ribbons, NATO Medal and Combat Action Badge.
new jersey, texas, military, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 37 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ